Today marks one week exactly until the official publication date of my new book, “De Niro: A Life,” and there’s some stuff to share.
If you’re in the Portland area, I’ve got three personal appearances coming up:
- On November 11, I’ll be downtown at Powell’s City of Books for a traditional reading-&-signing event.
- On November 16, I’ll be at the Northwest Film Center for a screening of “A Bronx Tale,” De Niro’s directorial debut.
- On December 8, I’ll be at the Hollywood Theatre for a screening of “Bang the Drums Slowly.”
(NOTE: Both of those film events will have reading-&-signing components.)
Then I’ve got some links to share:
- There was a very complimentary write-up on the book in Kirkus Reviews.
- There was a ludicrous but delicious account of the book in The National Enquirer.
- There are some very kind reviews of the book on Amazon and GoodReads.
- Finally, you can read a healthy sample of the book on Scribd.
In the coming days I’ll have some news about national media appearances and print features and reviews.
As before, the book is available in print and/or in digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Powell’s, and other purveyors of words-on-paper.
The happy couple: Marilyn & Arthur (via AlwaysMarilynMonroe)
"If you want to stay in the band, don’t look at the camera." (via ModRules)
That girl: La Hepburn (via IndypendentThinking)
My inner life (via WanderlustOfTime)
That thing when you can’t find the remote…. (via TheSwinginSixties)
Being geniuses together: Tash & Jer
Vince and Butch yuk it up
Lads: Messers Raimi, Tapert & Campbell
That girl: Jill St. John (NSFW-ish) (via FYeahJillStJohn)
Mad about the boy: Sammy Davis Jr. (via Deforest)
My inner life (via ThisVelvetBlog)
Cash & carry (via Micdel)
Lasses: Janis & Grace (via ModRules)
Roman ruins (via RomanByMarta)
John in the city (partly via ShyBeatlesGirl)
The pure products of Metropolis go crazy (via stiwfssr)
That girl: Jean Shrimpton (via ModRules)
We are not amused (via SgtPepper’sBlog)
Oliviers (via UnaLadyItaliana)
Out with the new, in with the old….
The kid Cusack (via AVintageScene)
That girl: The Bride (via LauraPalmerWalksWithMe)
Being geniuses together: M. Scorsese, P. Schrader, M. Phillips (via LaPitieDangereuse)
Dresses like Jagger (via HotInTheShade)
That girl: Keira Knightley (via LotteReinigerForever)
The kids Ciccone & Basquiat (via CriminallyInnocent)
Mad about the boy: Willem Dafoe (via LauraPalmerWalksWithMe)
Natalie Wood will take you down (via ArcaneImages)
Lads: Gary, Keir & Stanley (via DirectorsGoneWild)
My inner life (via TattoosNBlondes)
Being geniuses together: Satchmo (& his missus) & the Sphinx (via CriminallyInnocent)
The kid Rathbone (via RattersBoner)
That girl: Helen Frankenthaler (via AnneyHall)
Zimmy the kid (via FenderLust)